Leaking Differential

I went for a short drive in my '95 318i this morning and when I got home
I took a look under the car, and to my surprise noticed a drop of fluid
coming out of my differential.  I mad a quick call to my independent BMW
shop and made an appointment to bring it in.  The service manager told me
that it should take at the most 2 hours to replace the seal(s).  So I am
now wondering what could have caused the seals to leak?  Also, do any of
you know how much the new seals cost?  Thank you for your time.

Take care,
Matthew
BMWCCA
UUC

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]