<E28><E23><E24> Oil Filter Change = Warm Start/Idle Problems?

Hello Digesters:

This question does not relate to mark's turbo.  Bubba Michael, please read on,
because I DO know how to compose a sentence!

Changed oil/filter in the '87 535is (124k miles and healthy) last week.
Immediately noticed warm start problem (starts, stumbles momentarily, dies -
unless coaxed along).  Warm idle dropped to about 600 rpm, and is rougher than
usual - rocks the car like it had some wicked stick in it - But it's stock.

Possible I bumped something in R/R that f*cking oil filter housing?  Although
it's nowhere near the intake or idle control valve, there are several cables
which run right by the filter housing and dipstick.  (Dipstick is about 5k
old, fits firmly, so I don't think unmetered air is entering there).  However,
it does feel like un metered air may be in the system, except for fact that
cold starts are still flawless.  Bentleys would have me run down an arm-long
list of tests, which I will do, but I am curious as to whether anyone else has
had a similar experience.

Blessings from the Bay Area,

Bill McMahon
Oakland, CA
'87 535is (RoyalBlau Terror)
'79 323i  (RubyRot Ripper)
'61 Ford F100 (Y-block relic w/101k orig. miles - assembled here in San Jose!)
Wife

End of bmw-digest V9 #542