Mods for the 323is (M52)

Hey guys and gals,

I hope somebody can help me and maybe anyone else with the same question.
Is there anything available to pull more power out of my car?

'98 323is     M52 engine    Under the knowledge that it is an M52, although
only 2.5 liters, are the parts directly interchangeable with the 2.8 and 3.2
versions?  I'm looking for, as everybody else wants, reliable performance.
This car is my daily driver, and it gets about 115 miles each day during the
week.  Reliability is important, the car is driven as hard as any other 21
year old guy would drive a beemer.  I'd like not to blow away the warrantee
right away, I guess that means no S/C or turbo for now.  I have around
17,000 miles already and the warrantee won't be here for long, so those two
maybe become a valid option.

One more thing, being that exhausts and the like seem like they only upgrade
the sound and not much else, I'm probably gonna save the cash and buy a chip
instead.  Speaking of which, Mr. Conforti, do you have anything in the Skunk
Works?  I would love to hear a yes to that answer.  Another company named
Power Chip (I think) based in Australia makes a chip but I have no
references as to their quality and such.  I've heard so much about the Jim
C. chip that it I'm beginning to get jealous and wonder if the $5,000 I
saved over the 328is was really worth it in the long run.

Any Info is always appreciated, and thanks in advance!
Best Regards,
Ron
radrk1@domain.elided

'98 323is
M-Technic Body (no diffuser!), Ellipsoids, Clear lights all
around, Eyebrows and a KDC-909 w/ KCA-CPS81
Future Shark?
Two cup holders, one for the Java, one for the Hot Cocoa
'98 Boxster w/Sport Package  Zero Cup Holders, One hand one the wheel, one
on the shifter

P.S.
Thanks to everybody on my inquiry for brake pads!