<All> Anybody else experienced parking lot troubles with your BMW ?

<<<<As usual, to protect my car ('92 E36 325i 4dr) from dings I parked
at the far end of the lot, taking 2 spaces.>>>>

I can certainly appreciate the concern, but I think, first, that it is
counterproductive and, second, that it does us all a disservice.  It's
counterproductive in that it causes people to want "to teach you a
lesson you self-important SOB", whereas they might otherwise empathize
with your desire to take care of a valuable investment.  people can
appreciate parking far away, but 2 spaces is inflammatory even if (and
perhaps particularly if) there are plenty of spaces.

It does us a disservice because non-bimmers tend to lump us together and
they'll assume I am likewise self-important.  It manifests itself in the
way other drivers treat bmw's on the highway as well.  A guy here says
now that I drive a BMW I'm "an asshole" because bmw's have some
metamorphical effect on their owners.  Frankly, I leaned away from the
bmw because I got tired of hearing comments from my engineering buddies
about bmw's, lawyers, etc back when I owned an old 528e.  but no one
else made a car like the //m...

David D. Beatty
Myers Bigel Sibley & Sajovec, P.A.
Patent Attorneys
Suite 250, 111 Corning Road, Cary, NC 27511
PO Box 37428, Raleigh, NC 27627
Telephone: 919-854-1400
Fax: 919-854-1401
dbeatty@domain.elided