<e46> No 4 door M3, YEA RIGHT!!!

Hi Gang,

Well, I know BMW says that there will not be a e46 M3 Sedan, BUT I saw one
today.  I saw it ion the 10 FWY in Los Angeles.  I assume that they were
road testing it out here, as I have seen many other models the same way
12-18 months before production.  At first i thought it was simply  nicely
modded 328.  I saw it pull on in front of me, and could see that it was
lowered and had nice wheels.  I also noticed it took off.  Also, of
interest was the 540 and 740 following with dist. plates.  As I got closer
to the e46, I though something might be different as I (in my nicely modded
e39 540i/6) tried to get next to it.  The '328i' (as it was badged) took
off with a growl like no 328 could do, and the 540 and 740 tried to block
me.  Well, i would have none of it, and did get up close to the 3.  I
immediately saw the indication of M - quad exhaust pipes.  As I though the
3 had dist plates as well.  Then I could see big brakes and large wheels
(really wide from the rear).  I also saw the driver yelling into his radio
and making gestures at me.  He tried to lose me, but I dropped it into 4th
and stayed with him.  There was no room to really test the speed of the new
M, as there was just too much traffic.  The moral here is that BMW may
indeed be making the 4 door again, and the proof is rolling the CA highways
right now!

Bradley J. Otoupalik