<M5>

One of the woemen here at work has an '88 M5 - 5 speed.  Odometer
reading about 30K miles but it's not a garage queen.  She came into my
office this morning asking if I could explain why her clutch and
transmission was acting 'funny'. Her description is that the clutch
engagement is very low first thing in the morning, then after everything
warms up, the engagement point moves back up to the normal mid travel
point.  She also says the shifting is very hard and stiff.

I can understand the hard shifting, it's getting 'cool' here in Silicon
Valley. (I quoted that because I lived in Boston for 30 years and the
definition of cold has taken on an entirely new meaning since I moved
out here).  I'm at a loss as to why the clutch engagement point should
be temperature dependant.

On another subject, can someone (or two) explain tramlining please?

Thanks in advance!
Steve Albrecht
'95 540
Golden Gate Chapter