oil change and other newbie questions

These are ridiculously simple questions, but I figure I'll ask them
anyway.

Is there anything special about changing the oil on a BMW?  Or,
specifically on an E36 M3?  I've changed oil in other cars before.
Is there anything I should watch for?

Secondly, I'm getting ready to put the car away for winter, and I
figure I'll put it up on jack stands so the car is not resting in
the same position on its tires for several months.  Is there
anything I should watch for here?  Any advice?  In particular, is
there a spot on the carriage I should use to jack up the car?  And
where should I put the jack stand under the car, given that I need
to jack up the car first to put the jack stand there?

Thanks,
Sam
97 M3