E28(M5) Power Steering Woes/Losing Fluid

Hello Everyone,

Here's a question for the "non-528e" E28er's.  My power steering has been
noticeably "dead" very intermittenly for quite some time, but it always
recovered..you know(if it ain't broke don't fix it?)...anyway the other day
the Red "Brake" Telltale light comes on and stays on....the manual said to
check the Power Steering reservoir...and it was indeed low...so I properly
added ATF...and the problem went away...NOT for long!

The Brake telltale light is "back"!  So, I checked the PS reservoir...and it
was again low...ok...the car is not leaking ATF on the floor so where is it
going?...into the brake "bomb"?...I figure it this way...either I need another
"bomb" or the "regulator" is bad...I had the brake bomb replaced only a few
years ago..could it be bad again?  the regulator has never been replaced.

BTW, I recently had the brakes checked and new brake fluid installed, so this
problem is not Brake fluid related...I just keep losing ATF from the PS
reservoir.

Has anyone experienced this problem?  TIA for any advice..it's my turn to
"ask" for help this time.

Regards and Happy ///Motoring,

John Weese
Landisville, PA