Ultimate?(perhaps)low-profile floor jack (no, really!)

Hello, digestos and digestites,
Might I say that's a lovely outfit you're wearing? (jes tryin' ta be
nice)

I, personally, have no need for this item (I could drive over a Miata
and not feel it [so, that's what all that yelling was about]), but some
of us have cars that are lower than 8 inches off the ground, so I hope
this is helpful to them.

How would you like a hydraulic floor jack that lowers to around 1 1/2 "?
Judging from the length of the lever arm, and the height of the fulcrum,
I'd guess that it lifts up to 16" or so.
Where the "lift pad" is on standard jacks, this one has a hook that
looks just like the hook one the stock BMW emergency jack supplied with
E30s (a mod to fit E36s would be very easy on this, I  think).
No, it's not a joke, I didn't invent/imagine it, and it's not made from
any small appliances.
It is used to lift electric forklifts and stackers (which sit 2" off the
ground, and can weigh several tons).
It is about 18" long, has two wheels in the rear (none in front).
It is about 6" wide, and seems to weigh about as much as a regular 2 ton
floor jack.
It has a capacity of 8,000 lb..(!).
The one that I saw was labeled as "SY 8000 WALKING BEAM".
I saw this at work, and copied the info from the label. Here goes:
The manufacturer/seller is:
Systems Material Handling Co. 15785 South Keeler Terrace, Olathe KS,
66061
I'm sure that someone here has access to these things directly, but if
not, I know people who know people who..., etc..(one of my friends
repairs industrial machines)

There you have it, do with it what you will.

Standard disclaimers apply--I don't: know 'em, use 'em, make 'em, sell
'em, get money from 'em (unless you want to send some),make claims of
suitability for 'em, etc. 'em.

- --
Do Svedanya!
Neil Hitze
'91 318is --with a few (wife approved!!) fun parts
'85 318i --lowered 1/4", and still has twice the space between the tire
and fender well than my friend Geoff has between his E36 M3 and the
ground!
icq #19044425
Valleyview State Home
     for the
 Incurably Artistic

"I don't tend to worry 'bout the things that other people say,
	And I'm learnin' that I wouldn't want it any other way,
 	Call me crazy, but it really doesn't matter,
	All that matters to me is she"--Barenaked Ladies

End of bmw-digest V9 #515