ERAM test on 95 M3

> My heat shield is basically an insulated enclosure and with the
>device right next to the filter, there shouldn't be any loss of its
>function.  If your device works as you suggested, then we should see a 4%
>increase in HP from this change.

>the fan's exit has to be air tight if it is goin to add to the manifold
>pressure.   I would have to develope an enclosure that bells out around the
>filter .   .  I got it!!! a bladder . You know thehard plastic bladders
>that you use at th hospital, we will  put it over  the filter, and attach
>the fan to that.
>
>sound the easiest for the test.   i agree, the tube type air cleaner cars
>could be helped the best because they are flowiing well already.
>

>Ship it to me and I'll get the work done.
>
>Bob Stommel
>
><
>know if you want to use a very fine screen after the filter.
>Ive run this fan for years and nothing hasfallen off, everything is
>locktited, sealed bearing motor, solid impeller, 1 set screw, and we can
>make the filter catch this. everything  else is solid.
>let me know, Ill do it!!!
>
>Mark

Okay, here's our agreement as I understand it:  Two dyno runs,
back-to-back, in the following configurations on a 95 M3 that already has a
Conforti chip, Euro HFM, and shielded K&N cone filter:

(1)  one run with the above configuration and the addition of your ERAM and
some sort of bladder that you supply, with instructions on installation, and

(2)  one run with the original configuration as described above.

Your setup produces at least 4% increase in HP or torque over the original
configuration or you pay for the dyno run.  All your parts get returned to
you.

The K&N cone filter (part no. RU-1785) is 5.5 inches in diameter and 8
inches long, so your bladder part has to account for those dimensions.

Send me your parts.

Bob Stommel