<Misc> Oil Analysis Results

Folks-

I *finally* got around to having my oil analyzed (via Aviation Laboratories)
and the results they sent me are not particularily helpful, given the total
lack of context, so I'd love to compare results with anybody who has also
had their oil analysed, hopefully by a more 'full service' establishment. My
results, from my 1995 M3 w/ 30K miles on it, were:

Iron: 13.5
Copper: 4.9
Nickel: 1.1
Chromium: 1.4
Silver 0.5
Magnesium: 612.9
Aluminumn: 8.3
Lead: 127
Silicon: 5.8
Titanium: 0.0
Tin: 3.8
Moly: 165.3

This was Mobil 1 15w/50 that had 5k miles and one school on it.  I run a K&N
filter, so the number I was really curious about was the silicon, but I
don't know if 5.8 is high or not.  The only number they flagged was the
Magnesium, which they said was a known oil additive but which they would
monitor at the next analysis.

TIA for any feedback,
Simon Kennedy
'95 M3