Re: Tri-flo

At 06:17 AM 11/13/98 -0500, Bob wrote:
>I have a 98 M3 and am thinking about a tri-flow exhaust.
>Is this a good system?
>Are there any better ones?
>Do you get the same HP increase from any exhaust system,
>some claim 5-6 hp and some claim 20HP.
>I do not want a lot of noise or vibrations in the car?

Bob,

I have one on my E28 M5.  Great sound.  A lot louder than the stock system.
 Seems to be made pretty well, although there have been complaints in the
past.

As for hp gains, I don't think you'll get a lot (if any).  B&B claimed
20-28 extra for my car and I'd be surprised if I got 2-5.  Don't do it for
extra HP 'cause you'll be disappointed.  Do it for the sound.

GGGGRRRRROOOOOOOWWWWWWWLLLLLLL!!!!!! (the sound of my car now...who needs
.wav files?)

FWIW

Jerry Chyo
'88 M5