Brake tools

>From: Jerry Chyo <jerryc@domain.elided>

>Gonna invest in some flare wrenches to do a little brake work and I was
>wondering what sizes to buy.  I have an E28 M5 and my brakes are off of an
>early (rats) E34 M5.
>
>I guess I need the ones for the brakes lines and the bleeder nipples.  I
>don't think I'll need an entire set, just the specific sizes I need.

Jerry,

The E36 uses an 11 mm on the brake lines themselves, dunno about the models
you have.  Bleed nipple wrench is a 7 mm.

I agree, you don't need a full set of flare wrenches. That one for the
brake lines will probably do you.

Snap-On makes a really nice bleed wrench with a 6 point box end and extra
long handle length that's super for bleed valves. 7mm on one end and 9 mm
on the other.  Snap-On Part # S6143.

You E36 guys should also have this Snap-On hex head socket if you swap
brake pads a lot. # FAMXS7E.  This is a special shortie hex head that
allows you to get the those pesky caliper guide pins out of the rear
calipers without binding your 3/8's drive socket wrench up against the rear
shock. Usually a special order part from the Snap-On guy. Doesn't cost much.

Duane Collie
SVR / UUC / Bubba # 00002