<E34> Vibration at Speed

I recently purchased a 90 535iA with 80,000 miles.  After noticing that all
of the tires were feathered on the edges (and a little cupped), I had all
four tires replaced and the suspension aligned.  Although much smoother and
quieter, there is still a vibration that starts around 55 mph and continues
at greater speeds, though it seems to be worst at 65 mph.

I took the car back to the shop and had the tires rebalanced with no effect
on the ride (the vibration actually seems a little worse).  They said they
could find no explanation.   The car also recently had an Inspection 1 at
the dealer and they didn't notice anything wrong, though they weren't told
to explicity look at this problem.

Does anyone have any ideas before I make an (expensive) return to the
dealer?  Some suggestions I've heard were tie-rod ends and an out-of-balance
driveshaft.  Since I've never driven a car with these conditions, I don't
know how they feel.  The car has had no bodywork done so it doesn't appear
to have been in a major accident.

Any help is appreciated!

Regards,

Sean Flaherty