response to the 50 watts gives 10,000 watts , question

Message text written by INTERNET:bmw@domain.elided
>I don't know what kind of fan mark is using BUT if it is only 50 watts
it could certainly yield more than 50 watts at the rear wheels or else a
supercharger or maybe even a turbocharger would not work either because
yield is dependent on how much O2 is crammed into the combustion chamber
compared to stock(usually more than enough to offset the parasitic
device or they wouldn't put them on in the first place).  The
relationship in compression is therefore not linear input =3D x*output
(where x is some integer).  If I'm f-d in the head please straighten me
out...<

I think you  just missed a couple of words of that post.  What I was sayi=
ng
was that the TurboZet claimed 30 % hp gain (15% for gas engines) for just=
50 watt input.     that would be over 11,000 watts for only 50 watt input=
. =

 so, that being said, the ERAM (Electric ram air  system)  , would produc=
3-4% hp for  400 watts of electrical energy.   (thats 8:1 compared to 220=
 :
1)    any reasonable man , would question this claim.    Plus , the ERAM =
is
a very efficient compressor at the low levels.   it drives to the airbox
with no leaks.  the tubo zet by design, has a big opening around it so no=

pressure can possibly be generated.   I dont see how it is possible for i=
t =

to do anything.

But your certainly right about superchargers and turbos, producing much
more hp than is drawn of the engine.  For example, if you wanted to cram =
 3
psi ( which would be a very mild boost)  at an air flow of around 350 cfm=

that would be in the order of 8 HP of mechanical energy to create that
pressure at that air flow rate!!    So , you could guesstimate (jim will
kill me here) that for 14.7 psi you could be looking at 40 hp of mechanic=
al
energy.  =

anyway the whole concept of the ERAM is that it is a extremely mild
booster.  But, so mild that all air fuel metering systems can respond
without getting in a lean condition.  Plus, there is no complicated
electronics.  It just taps of the battery from a relay and a microswitch =
of
the gas pedal or accel. linkage.
Mark