How accurate should wheel alignment be?

I just got my '95 M3 aligned and I looked at the spec sheet that listed what
they did.  I noticed that there is a small range for each setting (camber
between -.4 and -1.4).  I then looked at the specs they set my car to.  I
noticed that the camber on left-front was about -1.0 and the right-front
was -1.5.  Now my first thought was that it should be within range.  My
second thought was that they should be the same on the left as the right.
Right?  I also notice a very slight pull to the left.  What I am asking is:
Shouldn't the setting be the same on the left as on the right, regardless of
the range?

thanks,
Mark DeSimone
'95 M3