<all> tire size/wheel size info.

Carl B. et al.,
FWIW I was just at the local Firestone/Bridgestone store last night and =
picked up their brochure for S-02 Pole Positions.  The brochure includes a =
chart listing tire sizes and =22approved rim widths.=22  (Please note that =
this summary does not apply to Fiske wheels, or any other, in particular, =
and only applies to one manufacturer*s recommendation for one brand of =
tire.)  Here is an excerpt with some pertinent numbers from this chart:

Tire size:		Approved Rim Widths:

235/45ZR17			7.5-9.0
245/45ZR17			7.5-9.0
255/45ZR17			8.0-9.5

235/40ZR17			8.0-9.5
245/40ZR17			8.0-9.5
255/40ZR17			8.5-10.0

Interestingly, according to this chart from Bridgestone, the stock tire =
size for my 95 M3 -- 235/40 -- would NOT be =22approved=22 for the stock =
wheel width for the same car -- 7.5*.  Obviously, this is subject to some =
disagreement...

Chad *the Body* Klingbeil  <---  we*re all calling ourselves that these =
days around here*
Minneapolis, MN
95 M3

*  Note that under U.S. trademark law, once a mark is abandoned by its =
owner, it may be adopted for use by any junior user.