Re: <E30> engine cutout at 5Krpms

Hi again,

For those of you interested in the little problem I was having with my '88
325iS (a few weeks ago), I think I might have solved it (finally!). I
tuned/replaced/used the following:

- -new plugs
- -new cap/rotor
- -valve adj.
- -new timing belt, etc....(it was streched pretty badly with only 40k miles)
- -new coil
- -new brain (only temporarily for testing purposes) with stock/ Jim C. chips
- -plugged/unpluged O2 sensor and messed with AFM screw _a lot_

Everything I did seemed to improve the car a little, but I would still have
the cutout every now and then.

Finally, I think the new coil today and the latest fidling with the AFM screw
have fixed it.

We shall see (fingers crossed!).

Next, I will breakdown and buy a new AFM if needed, and give the injectors a
through cleaning.

Thanks to Chris P. and others for your help!

Matt Meakin
#121191
Tarheel Chapter / SCCA / ISOP
'88 325iS (club racer under construction)
'79 635csi euro (my baby)
'79 635csi euro (faaaaast daily driver)

*See you southern digesters at Roebling Rd. this weekend!*