E28 Booster Resolved

>I discovered a noise that sounded like the alternator bearings were going
>on my '87 535is. After seeing fluid on the ground (looked like ATF), I
>discovered the noise was coming from the power steering pump. Checked the
>resevoir and found it low. Traced the leak down to the seal between the
>master cylinder and the brake booster.<snip>

I just wanted to thank those that replied to my quest for help. It wasn't
exactly easy pulling the brake booster off. The hydraulic  supply line
nuts refused to separate, which caused a major delay. I just disconnected
the line from the regulator and dropped the other one in. Luckily I was
able to get a new one from a fellow NY Chapter member for close to
nothing.

I noticed that the parking brake no longer works, it can't be related to
the booster. Is there a single or double cable that feeds the rear? What
is the likely cause?.

As for the comment that this list sucks...........ignore him he'll go away

Thanks

Philip Clark
87 535is
NY Chapter