more eta advice

More advice for the eta question which included...

>>When I first got my 528e last month I was actually surprised at the
>>acceleration that
>>it had,

I would also suggest you considering looking into a higher number
differential.  In addition to the chip, it will make the car quicker (keeps
the car in the higher rpms).  While changing the diff, will hurt gas
mileage, it should increase the fun factor.  A couple hundred bucks for the
diff and the same for a chip (give or take) and you car takes on a whole
new (fun) life.  Might as well look into a BL/SS.  Oh no, look at what I
started...Another UUC member hooked!

As for gas mileage, keep in mind, even if the upgrades cost you 5 mpg, the
net effect per month is $10-$15 (this assumes you drive 15,000 miles per
year, gas is $1.25/gal and mileage went from 30 mpg to 25 mpg).  I have
found that the performance upgrades have not hurt my gas mileage - it's
enjoying them too much that reduces the mpg.

Vince
1987 325e w/ "i" cam, shortshifter, chip, 3.45 diff,
sport springs, sport shocks.
135K
Genesee Valley Chapter

message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message, and
notify us immediately. If you or your employer does not consent to Internet
email messages of this kind, please advise us immediately. Opinions,
conclusions and other information expressed in this message are not given
or endorsed by my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by an
authorized representative independent of this message.