Re: please read e34 audio problems...

On Wed, 11 Nov 1998, peter newman wrote:

<snip>
> specific instructions for my installer to get the alternator whine
> out of my car. here is what i have:
<snip>

 I had a similar problem with a far less classy system in a previous
car of mine.  I ended up putting an isolation box in-line with the RCA
amp inputs.  Mounting the box nearest to the amp worked like a charm.
It didn't work quite as well mounted at the head unit.  I've heard
people complain that the iso unit blocked their bass, but I didn't
have that problem at all with mine.  It's probably a very un-car audio
snob thing to do, but IMHO it's better than the whine.

- --
  John Bolhuis  | Since announcing concubine auditions in April,
 bolhuijo       | I have received not a single reply. Foolish females!
  @domain.elided | Do you not realize that I am one of the richest and