Re: <E-39> Wheel Fitment BA

>Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 07:13:08 +0100
>From: Geoff & Diana Patterson <canuck@domain.elided>
>Subject: <E-39> Wheel Fitment
>
>Greetings!  I picked up a set of M-Contour wheels (17") with new all
>season rubber on them and am considering using them as winter wheels on
>my wife's 98 528i w/Sport Package.  Can someone tell me whether they
>will fit or direct me to a site where I can look up the different
>codes?  Yes, it's not a technical as some questions but heh, winter is
>fast approaching in Germany!
>
>Danke
>
>Geoff Patterson

E39 and E46 wheels cannot safely be used on any other BMW, and no other
BMW wheels will physically fit an E39 or E46.
So, to answer your question, the M contours will not fit the E39.

Brett Anderson
BMW and ASE master technician
http://frontpage.bestweb.net/~bretta

Please include all correspondence when replying
to avoid confusion - Thank you