Dynos in WindTunnels -- and testing intake mods

Does anyone do dyno tests in wind tunnels?
    If so, what's the nature of the wind tunnel?

A dyno test with no moving air seems fairly dubious to me.
Especially when considering different intake mods.

For example, someone could propose putting a small fan in
the front of the intake system and actually see improvements
on a dyno -- when in reality, by the time the car is going
30mph the air coming in the intake will be turning the fan
(rather than the fan pushing the air) and thus be a drag on
the intake system.  (Please don't suck me into that other thread.)

Similarly, when looking at any ram air intake kit, a still-air
dyno could show nothing meaningful.  Most claims for such kits give
a torque curve -- but it seems to me you should have different
torque increases in each gear (because at higher vehicle speeds,
the ram air intake will have greater positive effect).  But how
did they get even one such curve?

Consider a dyno test showing your K&N cone filter needs a heat
shield.  Sure, when sitting still on a dyno, a heat shield may
make a huge difference.  Will it make the same difference when
air is rushing through the compartment at 30mph?  at 80mph?

   So, what is the proper way to test intake mods?

Thanks,

Brian