535 i Drivability Problem, When Raining and Enginer at Particular Temperature

Dear List Members,

I noted a problem last year and it repeated this year during the first rain.

I have an '86 535i, and I only notice this problem when it rains in winter.
When it rains (I assume high RH) and I drive the car (engine to high
temperature), park it for app 45 minutes (engine temperature dropping,
though not cold), and when I try to restart the car, the car runs very
rough.

I assume there is some condensation taking place in the EFI system or enough
condensation that is causing the rough running,  When it rains and when the
engine is cold, there is no problem  When it rains and when the engine is
hot, there is no problem.  Only when it rains and when the engine is luke
warm there is a problem.

Has anyone out there experienced the same, and what is the fix?  I hate to
be stranded one day when it is raining.  My guess is some valves are opened
or closed due to the engine temperature sensor that should be in opposite
state.

Regards,

Ben Huang
86 535i