<dynotesting> two same cars, same set up, one with extra item has more power...

BMW Digesters:

Hello there, I try not to get into these kinds of "topic" because some =
how the person who tries to help out gets their butt flamed to hell, =
trust me, I have been there....=09

I remember on the previous digest, saying that two INDENTICAL cars with =
same modifications and the other with the "Electrical Supercharger" has =
a few more horsepower. Hum.. one thing was forgotten to be mentioned.

Not all cars were built the same. You have to take the same car, dyno =
test it at first with out the modification, then put the mod and re-dyno =
test it. That's a MORE ACCURATE way to see the if that mod gained some =
power or not.

What are the odds of you dyno testing  two BMW's that were made by the =
same engineer that dedicated his/her sweat, time, and love when the =
engine was built. Last I heard you can get a difference from 5-10 HP on =
different engine specs. Even though it should be because it's a BMW... =
:)

Also though on some of the previous digest, you can't get a accurate =
measure on dyno testing on a "electric supercharger". I don't know what =
that means and I don't intend to know about it because that's a whole =
new level for me to learn and don't have the time to do so, but would =
love to learn more about the mechanic world though.

I'm open minded, I'm looking all possible ways to get my HP increase, =
I'm not looking forward to NOS, Super, or Turbo because my motor almost =
have 90K and I don't intend to forced-induct it. Like Gene Liu said =
about NOS "With older engines of 70k+ miles, that's like feeding grandpa =
steroids. Ain't  going to do it"

I'm currently now going to add all possible things to make the most =
horsepower as Naturally as Aspirated as it can get. A little here, and a =
little there. Like for my best set up now:

170HP and 164TQ at wheels, with 15" stocks
180HP and 172TQ at wheels, with 15" stocks, same set up, but no catalyst =
and resonator.

My car is breathing regular as it is, but when I removed the cat and =
reso, the car  would be breathing out (farting) like a person who has =