<E28> PS Fluid in the Hydraulic Brake Booster

I did not notice any response to my inquiry re: what happens if you
accidentally put PS/Brake fluid in the ATF-loving hydraulic brake booster
in an E28.

So, I called the dealership and asked.  The response was that it will swell
up the seals and cause major problems down the road.

They said it is possible that you might have to replace the entire brake
system.

So, that answers that question.  The dealership here in Gainesville,
Florida said they get about one of these per month!  So, I hope that my
answer to my own question will help someone out there.

Sorry I have nothing to say about performance increases other than how to
not ruin your brakes.

+++++++++

Also, my E28 is still up for grabs.  The new price is $2,250.  The car runs
fine but needs a little work.  Otherwise, I am parting it out.

I need to tell people this week whether they get parts or not, so please
let me know ASAP if you are interested in either parts or the whole car.

+++++++++

Travis A. Moore
Gleim Publications, Inc.
http://www.gleim.com