RE: Chip removal for dealer?

The concern is that dealers have in the past done EEPROM updates
unbeknownst to the car owner and wiped out the aftermarket chip.
Thanks, a-hole.  Anyway, these programs were done per BMW NA or
BMW GmbH instructions to deal with emissions, reliability, or
tractability problems.

For alignment work, you're prolly safe.  Specifically mention
that NO work is to be done without your consent - you have the
choice on these updates, I believe.

Some dealers may parlay the knowledge that you have a chip into
a reason to deny warranty coverage down the line.  Be prudent.
But they cannot deny a claim that was not caused BY THE AFTERMARKET
PART.

 - thi v.