<E24/E28> Propshafts, manual boxes and flywheel sensors!

Still haven't quite decided whether to convert my poor dead
'85 635CSiA to a manual box. A few issues:

Do any E23, E28 or newer models share the same propshaft as
a manual 635CSi? I need a propshaft for a possible auto to
manual conversion but dead 635s are a bit rare up here.
I guess the E23 is longer but the E28 MAY be the same
floorpan (is wheelbase the same)?

I've found an E28 528i (M30) manual and am wondering if I
can steal it's bits and bobs. I think the pedal box is the
wrong size but that's not too expensive new.

Also if you found a manual box mith 120K miles what would you
replace on it. I'm probably nuts to be thinking about this.
I will use a new clutch kit and slave cylinder.

Another wee point, the 528i will be L-Jet and my 635 is
Motronic 1.0. Are the flywheel TDC and speed sensors the
same? If not can I plug my 635's sensors into the E28 bell
housing and have the right geometry?

The flywheels are different for manual and auto, is this
just a weight thing? I wish the Mobile Tradition CD covered
the E28!

If anyone in the UK can help source parts for the manual
conversion or a ZF 4HP22 EH auto tranny please email me.

- --
Email: john@domain.elided, John G.Burns B.Eng, Aberdeen, Bonny Scotland
Web  : http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk - The Ultimate BMW Homepage!