Re:computer controlled thermostat

In a message dated 11/10/98 9:05:50 AM Pacific Standard Time, owner-bmw-
digest@domain.elided writes:

<< Subject: Computer controlled thermostat on new V8

 I have just purchased a 97 540i with the computer controlled thermostat
 & I am trying to decide if it is functioning correctly. When its cold
 outside, the temp gauge goes up very quickly to just above the blue
 range & stays there about 5 minuites before it moves up to the first
 white line where its stays another 5 minutes before going to 1/2 scale.
 Even after 10 minutes on the highway it will go back down almost to the
 first white line and then back to 1/2 scale.
 Any comments from other owners with this electronic thermostat.? >>

~~~~ On my 97' 840, 97' 528, 98 740il, the needle goes to 1/2 way mark in
about 3-4 minutes, then stays right there. Doesn't budge. The electric
auxiliary fan (on front of radiator) is "infinitely variable", so it keeps the
temp right where it needs to be for the computer's "needs".

Randy
cookies@domain.elided
BMWCCA member