afm vs Mass flow device and ERAM

Message text written by INTERNET:bmw@domain.elided

And this would probably yield a bigger HP increase than an electric
supercharger!  (Sorry, couldn't resist)

BTW, If I do go ahead with this, I will make any plans I draw up =

freely available.

- - ---
Rob Clark  (Rob_Clark@domain.elided)
San Diego
BMWCCA 156543
87 325is<

to my mind is the electric ram air.  this way, any losses that are caused=

by the afm, would be resolved by the ERAM.    (ive taken the afm off , an=
taped the fan to it and turned it on.  it pushed the flapper right to
max!!)  (of course it would do it dynamically as the fan would only
pressuize the air box and give the enging the availability of air like th=
flapper wasn there.      remember , according to flow theory, ( i agonize=
over this concept early on) but, =

if  you look at your path of air and it necks down, it dosnt matter if it=

neck up again and then down.     also, if your opening becomes bigger tha=
the opening of the runners and TB 's , you will get some gains, but the
bottleneck is really the valves and ports.
I think,that just getting rid of the afm wont buy you a whole lot as i ha=
ve
seen at sears point the BMW club guys where one of them gets 220 to the
ground with the AFM and some trick engine work.    He almost keeps up wit=
the Alpha N group A guys.  ( i think they are alpha N)  =

anyway, if the conversion costs 800 bucks , I wonder what the expected HP=

gain is.????   any guesses.   =

one the porsche 928 that is 235 hp US vs the 300 version in europe   one
was HOT wire and the other afm.   when you do all he heads big valves, bi=
runners, huge TB  not the  mass flow keeping it afm, the difference in HP=

is only about 15.  with  this was on the dyno. =

Im still trying to get  someone with a E30 to do a dyno test with the ERA=
M.
  Ill pay for the dyno at FREY racing.  any  takers???
My friends and mine,   is still in pieces , as the 2.5 stroker will be in=
race car by next year.

mark
  =

End of bmw-digest V9 #469