Re: electric supercharger (and oxygen)

Chris wrote:
> ps  Still think my idea of an air tank in the trunk with an airline
> to the intake manifold with suplimental injectors is a killer idea
> for INSTANT boost and you get COOL air and NO external loads on the
> engine during boost,  what could be better???

I posted this same idea to the MR2 List years ago.  The responses
were somewhat enlightening.

Key points:
- - pure O2 is a wicked oxidant.  There are plenty of things in the
engine compartment that would love to react with it.  In a painful
manner.
- - this is why people use nitrous (aka H2O2, which splits apart
easily when heated)

One of the guys had tried the medical oxygen experiment in his back
field using an old lawnmower engine.  He was picking up pieces all
over the neighborhood.

- - Mark
  '95 M3, short of breath, and one day closer to death ...
  '97 528i 5-spd
- ---
Mark Dadgar
Product Manager