Dead ZF4HP22, time for a manual box!

With 148,890 miles mt '85 635CSi slushbox has given up the
ghost. I'm fairly sure it's the classic fried A clutch pack
which in my case was agraveted by oil starvation I think.

I'm damn tempted to replace it with a five speed box. Do I
have to get a box from an M30 engined car or will a newer
exemple from an M50/52 car fit? It would also need to be a
suitable length for my auto prop shaft or a new shaft to
hook up properly. I'd prefer a low mileage box from a
wrecked car which is why I don't really want something from
an E24/28.

I've looked into the pedal box and a few other issues already.

- --
Email: john@domain.elided, John G.Burns B.Eng, Aberdeen, Bonny Scotland
Web  : http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk - The Ultimate BMW Homepage!