Re: Steering shimmy

In a message dated 11/6/98 8:26:18 AM Pacific Standard Time, owner-bmw-
digest@domain.elided writes:

<< Greetings all!

 Running into a problem with my 93 325i.  A month or two ago, I noticed
 the steering wheel would shimmy like mad when I started to break or I
 was at low speed (25-30mph).  I had the tires balanced and rotated and
 it seemed to have fixed the problem, for a while, now the problem is
 back.  Have I got another problem with the rotors being warped or is it
 the front alignment?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks and
 please respond to nodonovan@domain.elided

 Neil C. O'Donovan
 1993 325i >>

~~~~~ Brake rotor runout, different than warped rotors. Have it checked out.
Also have your steering R&P tie rod ends checked for play, as well as front
suspension arms bushings checked for play. Also, have you checked for a thrown
wheel weight(s)?

Randy
cookies@domain.elided
BMWCC member