Re: E30 cruise control brain location BA

>Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 09:56:20 -0600
>From: "Fadeev, Alex" <Alex.Fadeev@domain.elided>
>Subject: E30 cruise control brain location
>
>Digesters,
> My cruise control is starting to act up. Everything points towards
>an intermittent electrical connection (going over bumps resets the cruise,
>after a few additional bumps it will come back, etc). That plus the fact
>that cruise control is pretty difficult to trouble shoot (since it works
>only at speeds above 28mph (45kmh)) prompts me to clean up all the
>components before I start swapping things out.
> Does anybody know where under the dash in '89 325i cruise control
>box is physically located?
> TIA,
>alex

The brain is located directly above the glove box latch, a silver box with blue connector.

Your problem is more likely a loose ground wire on the steering column, the screw that secures the cruise and wiper switches also
secures a ground wire and often works loose.

Brett Anderson
BMW and ASE master technician
http://frontpage.bestweb.net/~bretta

Please include all correspondence when replying
to avoid confusion - Thank you