RE: Insurance Rates

Someone wrote that rates were less for an M5 than for a 535.

Some insurance companies scale their rates against the number of claims on
that particular make/model of car. State Farm is one such company. When I
was 19 and had three speeding tickets and a stop sign violation against my
license (silly kids...) I was looking at a buying a new car. I was forced to
choose (oh darn!) an Alfa Romeo GTV6 with 150 shrieking, seductive HP over a
VW GTI 8v w/ 100 because the insurance was less by 75%. Few cars == few
claims == low rates. Yea for me, I got to play at Alfisti for a couple
months until the 2nd-3rd synchros ($150, six hours) went out for the third
time and the drivers side power window motor ($440, four hours, sigh.) for
the second. Dammit I loved that car though.

Christian Els
'94 325i
'88 NT650 HawkGT
'83 GTI