<E30> Installing factory A/C

My car ('86 euro 325i) has an aftermarket air conditioning system installed
in it.  The system is not too bad, but it doesn't cool adequately and the
installation is a bit poor.  Also, since the car did not come with A/C, it
has the smaller radiator without the lo/hi speed cooling fans.  Turning the
A/C on (which I don't do that often) causes the coolant temp to rise
sharply.  I saw an ad in Roundel where someone is selling the complete A/C
system from an 87 325i.  I would like to swap my system out with a factory
system, and put in the big radiator at the same time.  And while I'm at it,
convert to the new refrigerant.  Has anyone ever tried this?  It seems the
wrench work under the hood should not be too bad.  However, the plumbing
under the dash has me a bit concerned.  Also, I assume my wiring harness is
not prewired for the hi/lo radiator fans or the hi/lo fan relays in the fuse
panel, so I'll have some fun there.  Am I nuts for thinking about this?

Frank Ciotti
#149906
86 325iC euro
Houston, TX