<E30> open connectors near headlights

I noticed that there are two connectors near the left headlight assembly
that have nothing connected to them.  Both are 2 conductor connections
(sorry, I did not record the wire color codes).  My thought is that, since
this is a european car, these may be for headlight wipers.  Another
possibility is that they are for the hi/lo speed connections for the aux
radiator fan since I do not have the aux fan on my car (no factory A/C).  I
don't believe they are for the low wattage "city lights" since the importer
already tapped into those wires for the added side-marker lamps.  Any ideas?

Frank Ciotti
#149906
86 325iC euro