RE: MR2 Turbo F/S

I've gotten a couple of inquiries from list members re my MR2 for sale,
so I thought I'd post the info here in case anyone else is interested.

It is, without doubt, the fastest and best handling car I've owned until
now (and, I did love my 8v and 16v Gti's) and in some ways surpasses
//mroadster (nimbleness, trunk space).  IMHO, definitely surpasses the
boxster.  Perhaps the only true sports car that doesn't rattle or catch
fire.  If I had bought a larger bimmer or had the space and funds to
dress it up for track, I'd keep her.  Don't mean to hard sell, it's just
that I drove her to work today and I'm having a little separation pain.

The newly lowered price is $7500 obo.   Further reduction from offered
price will depend on convenience of transaction and if its soon enough
to save me from having to advertise.  I've got a standing sight unseen,
out of state offer of $6000.  From what I've seen of MR2's on the market
(most of which have been modified and mistreated by juvenile miscreants
who show no respect for the sweat and tears of the enthusiast engineers
who designed the car, but an admirable zest for speed and lack of
concern for insurance points), it's a steal at $7500, but I'm not
looking to make a killing.

Call me at work 919-854-1409 or home 919-363-4741.  You'll have to
arrange for your own delivery or pick up but I'll accommodate you as
best I can in NC. The particulars:

1991 MR2 Turbo
mid-engine
200hp/210 ft-lbs
I think she weighs in at about 2800lbs, but not sure
0-60 in 5.9-6.1 sec
$250 in mods (manual boost controller and fuel cut defencer) will get
50hp additional.  A number reportedly have 300+hp, and at least one at
380hp.
super white, blue cloth
bone stock - the way God made her except for replacement with Toyota
parts
103K miles
rated by Consumer Reports as a RELIABLE used car
T-Tops
Remote Alpine alarm
6 speaker, factory 3 in 1 am/fm CD, but tape deck does not work.  I
haven't tried to repair it (no tapes)
everything else works, nothing is broken
airbag
manual seats, windows, locks
cold a/c
cruise control
fog lights, alloys etc std on turbo
Vol. 1 (engine) Big Green Book factory service manual
minor (relatively speaking) leak at driver's T-Top/window.  I've heard
this can be fixed with a silicone treatment, but I have not tried it
(car is garaged).
upgraded parking brake cables
new f&r pads, rear rotors at 90k
new floor mats (kmarts best)
new shift boot
at least one extra rear tire
service up to date
new oil every 2500-3000 miles, usually synth
almost all records since new
extra uninstalled fuel filter and oil filters
IMHO clean (engine, exterior, interior) for a 1991
No rips or worn spots in interior.  Carpet could stand to be shampooed.
No major dings in exterior.  Minor dings unnoticeable because white.
Minor blemishes in paint from cleaner overspray at engine (would
probably polish out).
Tires half worn.  No funny wear patterns.
My wife and I both religiously allow warm up and cool down.  the car has
always been adult driven.  I take curves fairly fast, but I've always
used the brakes and turbo sparingly.  With a couple of small exceptions,
the car has served flawlessly with only scheduled maintenance and runs
strong and straight.  no significant oil burn, no turbo skip, no smoke.
The turbo is notoriously durable and cheap to rebuild by bmw standards.
I can't speak for the previous owner (a local attorney), but I have
rarely taken it to full boost.  The japanese version, still in
production, makes 245hp with essentially same engine/turbo so its an
overbuilt engine.

The car is in Raleigh, NC.

Thanks for the bandwidth.
David D. Beatty
Myers Bigel Sibley & Sajovec, P.A.
Patent Attorneys
Suite 250, 111 Corning Road, Cary, NC 27511
PO Box 37428, Raleigh, NC 27627
Telephone: 919-854-1400
Fax: 919-854-1401
dbeatty@domain.elided