Re: <E36> Power Window switches

Kwok Seto wrote:

> On my 1993 318is, both power window switches have burnt out (not
> illuminated anymore, but still operate the windows).  Is this a common
> problem with these switches?  Where can I find cheap replacements for these
> switches, or even better, can I just replace the bulbs in these switches to
> save me money?  Also, my 318is did not come with the one-touch roll-down or
> roll-up feature (at least I don't believe so, please verify), is it
> possible to "add" this feature by buying a different type of power window
> switch?

The switches can be had from either BMP Design or BavAuto for about
$18 each.  My bulbs have not yet burned out, but it wouldn't surprise me that
they will (they are on at all times, except when the ignition is off).  I've
never opened one up to see if the bulbs can be replaced (probably
soldering involved).

I cannot halp regarding the "one-touch" topic.

Norm

> Thanks in advance for all your help!
>
> Kwok

- --
***  Remove "nospam-" from address when responding via email  ***