Death rattle?????

Hi people,

I have noticed that my E36 325i rattles when starting until the oil pressure
gets up. I have changed the oil (15W/40 synthetic) but it made very little
difference. My car has covered 71000 miles and has a full dealer service
history. I know that these cars have hydraulic tappets and may rattle but
for how long? Should I start finding out about remortgaging the house to pay
for a top end rebuild or what? Any ideas welcomed.

Sean

http://homepages.tcp.co.uk/~scm1/bmm.htm

'93 E36 325i SE (24v Vanos) (disappointing so far, not as good as my
previous E30)