Re: <E30> Need a fuel gauge.

Hi Mike-
The gauge from an E36 will NOT fit in an E30 instrument cluster.  Not sure what
might be in there, but it's not that ;)  Any gauge from a 9/87 or later 325i
will work just fine.  Good luck.

Mike Stukalin wrote:

> Would anyone have a fuel gauge (the one in the dash, not the sender unit)
> that they would be willing to sell or donate for a project?
> I think I finally figured out why my fuel gauge and OBD are behaving
> erratically. It seems that I have a '94 (E36) gauge in my '92 E30 325iC.
> Long story, but it's possible that it was installed by mistake (the car was
> stolen previously). The question is, what years of the fuel gauge are
> interchangeable and do not confuse the OBD? I'm guessing any '88+ E30 will
> do, but would like to know for sure.
> Thanks. Mike.S
>
> '92 E30 325iC, BMWCCA #159367
> http://www.gis.net/~mikest

- --
Jason Lile                               Administrator
Parts Manager                            BMW Parts Digest
Zionsville Autosport
http://www.zionsvilleautosport.com