Re: SS brake lines/all hype??

In a message dated 11/3/98 6:14:44 AM Pacific Standard Time, owner-bmw-
digest@domain.elided writes:

<< From: "Steve D'Gerolamo" <steved3@domain.elided>
 Subject: Are Stainless Steel Lines Necessary

 No, not necessary but they do give you better pedal feel. They are
 generally more prone to failure because of the fitting to hose connections.
  If you purchase a set of ss hoses, they should be inspected before each
 drivers event or annually for street driven cars.   >>

~~~~ So, is it REALLY necessary and do we REALLY need them? I put a set on my
928S4, and it really didn't make any difference in the actual braking, just
gave me little firmer pedal feel. Big deal. Anyway, don't want the factory to
find ANY reason to deny a warranty claim on the brake system by using NON-BMW
factory parts.

Randy
cookies@domain.elided
BMWCC member