97 318i CD Changer

Hi

I have a '97 318i and am looking to install a CD changer. The BMW dealers
charge over $800 for the BMW compatible-Alpine 6 CD- changer. I see good
ones in the market for under $400. Can anyone recommend a place I could get
a similar performance/compatible CD changer that I can add to a '97 318I?

I can get a FM modulating one or one that connects directly to the head
unit. BTW, which one is better?

I do not feel confident doing the wiring and would like to stick to the
stock pre-wired set and attach the CD-changer to that. Also, messing around
with the wiring may cause problems with the warranty, right??

I am sure some of you folks might have considered similar things (especially
those like me running on a tight budget to own a BMW). Any clues to a way
out, will be very helpful and will make my driving a pleasure.

Thanks a lot.
Manav Gupta
(manav.gupta@domain.elided)

Manav Gupta
WORK:	Metamor Technologies Ltd.
*	1 N. Franklin, Suite 1500, Chicago, IL 60606, USA
*	(312) 251-7537, (800) 462-6301 x7537
*	 <mailto:manav.gupta@domain.elided> mailto:manav.gupta@domain.elided
*	 <http://www.metamor.com/> http://www.metamor.com/