V1 3rd brake light question...

This one is for all of you astute electrical geniuses out there.  If I
wanted to replace the single bulb in my third brake light (e36 318i) with
two or more smaller bulbs what would I use?  What would the
specifications for the bulbs have to be (i.e. how many volts, etc.)?
Could I just go down to the local RadioShack and pick up a hand full of
bulbs and their respective holders?  Any insight would be greatly
appreciated.  Hope to see some of you at the Whack Your Turkey Rally on
the 22nd!

Take care,
Matthew Stellas
1995 318i (rally car..., well its got round headlights)
BMWCCA
UUC

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]