Jump to 8-series

Currently enjoyinga 1988 750il and all the trappings of one of the best =
luxury cars on the road.  The mileage is creeping up to the 140,000 mark =
and the maintenance is getting a bit HIGH.  (In the ship now for a new =
primary water pump and secondary is beginning to show signs of trouble =
too.   Finally...the question.  I LOVE the 8 series but do not have the =
means to look at anything but 91-92 models.  These cars have the same v-12 =
as the 750 il I currently own, right?  Therefore, can I assume the HIGH =
maintenance costs?  Any other thoughts on the 8's?

Thanks in advance.
Ronn
BMWCCA