Sway Bar Settings

>I got a set of RD Sport adjustable sway bars today.  What are some
>recommendations for settings?  Specifically, what is good for the track?

Robbie,

For the E36 M3, set the rear up so its at the softest setting (forewardmost
hole) and the front at either the softest or one hole back.  This should
give you a near neutral bias.

Go conservative with your settings to start with. While everyone always sez
they want neutral or a slight oversteer, the plain truth of the matter is
that you are used to driving a car that understeers. When you change that
bias to oversteer, its remarkably easy to loop the car...takes time to
learn the car again so my advice is to take baby steps with handling bias
changes.

You get killer turn-ins and the car feels planted very well - but your
margin for recovery from a driving error narrows considerably.  With a
neutral / oversteering setup, you won't be pulling it back from an
overrotation.

I get a laugh outta watching some of our regional top autocrossers trying
my modified car in fun runs and looping it in the slaloms. Once they get
behind the car its 360 degree time!

Duane Collie
SVR/UUC/Bubba