re: let it snow...let it snow

I agree, narrower is better in snow (rain too, for that matter).  But my
experience with Blizzaks has been different.  I put on a set of 185/70-14
Blizzaks on my wife's Contour SE last fall (205/60-15 Firestone Firehawk is
the summer setup) and the car handled noticeably worse (however, my wife
noted that the Blizzaks were great the few days it snowed last year).
Obviously I don't expect to maintain the same capabilities, but the tall,
soft tread blocks and I believe soft sidewall lead too what I believe is
almost dangerous yaw oscillations when making a quick lane change or 90
degree turn.  I had Pirelli 190P's on a CRX Si and noted only marginal
performance decrease from the D40M2's I ran in summer.
This is my first winter with the 328i, and I am planning on a set of snows.
 They won't be Blizzaks.  It'll be either 210 Asymetrico's or Hakka 1's.
My previous experience tell me the Pirelli's will be good on the dry days,
but I feel the Hakka's will be better when its snowy or icy, possibly at
some loss of dry handling (how much, if any????)

Mark Kittock
96 328i sport
97 Contour SE
86 Porsche 944T (track car)