Helmets, Etc. for Track Schools

I asked a similar question recently i.e. which helmet to buy, and where to
get it.  Received a LOT of useful information (thanks people) which I can
summarize as follows.

A lot of people like the Bell M2, which has a large eyeport to accommodate
glasses.  Best price is saw was around $250.  There were also a few votes
for the lighter, more expensive ($390) Kevlar M3 <kewl name though....>.

A number of you commented that they like the fit of the Simpson helmets,
such as the LX8 PLUS, approx. $230, and some of the SHOEI helmets such as
the RF-4 ($290) which also has a large eyeport.

The most important point made is *try the fit of the helmet on YOUR head in
YOUR car*.  Different types of helmets seem to clear the roofline easier
than others, and fit some headshapes better than others....

Unfortunately I'm wait listed (currently #17) on the Tarheel Advanced
Driving School in November, so my first 'helmet' experience may be some
time off.  Anyone know of other driving schools within 'driving distance'
<grin> of North Carolina?

Peter Reinhart
M3/4 (totally stock.......for now)