Re: e36/V1Cover for space under OBC?

Matt, I don't know of a cover for the sunglass slot, but I know the V1
concealed display fits perfectly in the ashtray of the middle console.  You
could wire the display there and close the ashtray when you leave the car.
Only problem is the orientation is sideways, but that shouldn't be a
problem unless you are directionally impaired.
I have mounted the V1 under the back shelf cover directly in front of the
third brake light. Pretty easy, just remove plastic pop screws from leading
edge, lift up cover, place V1 in front of brake light and reinstall shelf.
The pressure from the shelf will keep the V1 from moving, but I put double
sided tape on the bottom just to make sure.  Works really well and notice
no degradation in radar sensitivity. Don't know about laser though.

Glen Chow
BMWCCC, BMWCA