Radar in California - Follow-up

A while back, in a post about speeding tickets and radar, I made the
statement that I have never encountered real, verifiable X-band radar in
California, only K- or Ka-band.  I asked if anyone has had a different
experience.  The only reply I received was from Dennis Frieborn.  I'm
posting it here with his permission:

>Up until recently, anytime I came across a CHP with radar it was
>X-band.  This has been on Hwy 395, 99 near Fresno, Hwy 120 going to
>Yosemite and I80 near Newcastle (30 east of Sac) though I don't think
>they use it for enforcement on I80 here. The only time I've seen the CHP
>use something else was on I5 recently after they got the OK to use it
>there.  Some of these have been 5 years ago or so.
>
>Dennis

I seldom find myself on Hwys. 395 or 99, and only occasionally on 120,
but I do use I-80 and I-5.  I'll have to pay closer attention to what I thought
were X-band false alarms in rural areas.

Has anyone else had real, verifiable X-band radar experiences in
California?

Sorry for the <wob>, but an informed Bimmer driver is a happy Bimmer
driver - happy to keep insurance rates down and get where they're
going unimpeded.

Scott Miller
Golden Gate Chapter
BMW CCA #44977